Saturday, August 23, 2014

Rough-In Work!

Today I took the first steps in building my battery box.  I started cutting holes for the chassis mount Anderson PowerPoles.  There's one set for in the back of the box that I'll connect to my charging source:  either my foldable solar panel(s) or a vehicle electrical system.

Rear
 
Front
Looking at the picture of the front of the box you can see the first "Doh!" moment!  I drilled the bottom set of holes for mounting the volt meter then connected a battery just to see what it would look like.  As soon as the LEDs light up I realized I'd put it in upside down!  Oh well!  That's what they make filler for!

I plan to install a toggle switch to turn on the meter and complete the circuit to power-on the front PowerPoles for use by the radio.  I just want to run all the wiring and make sure everything works and nothing burns up before putting it in the box.

More to follow, out!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment