Monday, August 25, 2014

Shameless Plugs and Product Endorsements!

There's one thing that I want to say about the products and components mentioned in all my blog posts.  I do not get any sort of kickbacks from anyone for mentioning their products or services.  I'm not going to sugar coat my assessments.  If a product rocks I'll say so.  If it sucks you can bet your ass I'll say that too!  :)

One of the nifty little gadgets I have found that falls under the "Rocks!" category are these little Traffic Light polarity checkers.  I bought mine off evilBay!  I've already used them on this project to test my wiring and will keep using them anytime I'm playing with wires and electricity!

One would think that red-to-red and black-to-black on Anderson PowerPoles would be pretty simple, right?  The very first time I connected a battery to my Yaesu FT-8900R I crossed them, red-to-black and black-to-red.  As you can guess, I heard the "pop" then looked down at the connection in my hand and said, "Sh**!  I hope that isn't what I think it is!"  Sure enough, I blew all the fuses and the reverse polarity protection diode in the radio.  Fortunately, I had a good friend and elmer, Ed KE5UCT, who fixed it for me for free!  He tried doing it for free anyway.  I threw some beer money his way just for his time and effort.

I did shoot a couple segments yesterday for an upcoming video about the battery box project.  I've also got a couple segments for a Faraday can to protect your more delicate electronics.  It was right around 100 degrees outside so I didn't want to sit around the garage slowly roasting.  But I did; for you, my fans!  :)  Both of you! 

More to follow, out!

No comments:

Post a Comment